Upper Mustang Tea House Trek
Upper Mustang Tea House Trek that was opened in 1992 is the strict trekking area of Nepal. The long and rich history with influence of the Tibetan culture makes Mustang one in all the foremost fascinating places to visit in Nepal. This is the most challenging and adventurous journey. Mustang lies in the north western area of Nepal bordering Tibet behind the Himalayan range which is also known as the dry desert of Nepal. Upper Mustang Tea House Trek is an opportunity for the trekkers to experience the true life and rich, untouched culture of the mountain people of Nepal. Upper Mustang Tea HouseTrek offers the walking in the world’s deepest gorge between Mt. Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, beautiful Buddhist monasteries, ancient and isolated village of the Himalayan people of Tibetan descendents and their unique culture and tradition. Trekking in the artistic treeless and barren landscape of the Tibetan plateau is similar to the trekking in the Tibet. This trekking is very attractive trekking destination that offers the artistic treeless barren landscape, rugged mountain, startling panoramic view of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri and many other snow capped mountains. Walking on the barren and rugged mountain, beautiful sceneries of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri makes the Upper Mustang Tea House Trek a superb. As the region is not invaded by the mass tourist, the unique and pure nature is intact. The main attractions of Upper Mustang Tea House Trek are Jomsom, Kagbeni, village of Lo Manthang, Ghar Gompa to name few.
Upper Mustang Tea House Trek begins from Jomsom which is 30 minutes flight from the Lake town Pokhara. The path follows KaliGandaki River from Jomsom till Lo- Manthang. Lo- Manthang is the capital of upper mustang where the languages, culture and traditions are similar to those of the Tibetan people. On the way you go through Kagbeni that is legendary for Shaligram, stone on which picture of god inscribed. Kagbeni is the entranceway to upper mustang. This can be the life memory, expertise you’d like to be involved with committed.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu (1,300m), transfer to Hotel and meeting with guide.
Day 02: Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m), Visit around lakeside. Free evening. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Morning flight to Jomsom for 30 minutes and trek to Kagbeni (2,858m) 3/4 hours. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m) trek for 6/7 hours. O/N at Lodge. (This is the first restricted area of Upper Mustang)
Day 05: Chele to Syanbochen (3475m) and to GELLING for 7/8 hours trek. O/N at Lodge.
Day 06: Gelling to Ghami (3520m) trek for 6/7 hours.
Day 07: Ghami to Charang (TSARANG) - 3500m for 5/6 hours trek. O/N at Lodge.
Day 08: Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3700m) trek for 5 hours. O/N at Lodge.
Day 09: Discover around the Lo- Manthang area. See many Gompas, palaces and caves.
Day 10: Trek from Lo- Manthang to Drakmar (3810m) trek for 7-8 hours via Lo- GHEKAR. O/N at Lodge.
Day 11: Dhakmar to Gelling (3807m) trek 6-7 hours. O/N at Lodge.
Day 12: Ghiling to Chusang (3050m) trek for 7 hours. O/N at Lodge.
Day 13: Chusang to Jomsom (2720m) trek for 7-8 hours. O/N at Lodge.
Day 14: Early morning, fly back to Pokhara. Free afternoon. O/N at Hotel.
Day 15: Drive or Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Day 16: Final Departure to your own destinations.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3-star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast, If you want, we can book 4 or 5 star Hotel for you as well.
- Welcome and farewell dinner ( We can decide according as your available time).
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- Domestic flights (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara) and airport departure taxes
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu transport via Tourist bus or Flight ticket from Kathmandu – Pokhara - Kathmandu
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP and Upper Mustang special trekking permit)
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara-> In city, You can choose your own style food by yourself.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower shower in mountain and all the alcoholic bar bills etc)
- Tips for guides and porters