Manaslu Tea House Trek - 17 Days
Manaslu Tea House Trek is the most adventurous circular trek that surrounds the eighth highest mountain of the world Mt. Manaslu (8163m) which is also known as the killer mountain of Nepal.Tea House Trek to Manaslu is the restricted area trek as the trail is dangerous to navigate. Manaslu Tea House Trek is now available for trekkers who love wildness in adventure. It gives the unique experience of unspoiled and exclusive nature to the trekkers. This Tea House Trek offers Hindu and Buddhist culture, endangered wildlife, forest of rhododendrons and other flowers, cascading down of the raging rivers, and astonishing mountain scenery. Manaslu Region is rich in biodiversity, cultural diversities, and natural scenery with panoramic view of high mountains and glaciers which make the region an attractive tourist destination of Nepal. The main attraction of the Manaslu Tea House Trek is, undoubtedly the spectacular views of Manaslu along with other mountains including Himal Chuli (7893 m), Shringi Himal, different flora and fauna and cultural life of the Himalayan people of Tibetan descendents.
Tea House Trek to Manaslu was opened for foreigners in 1992. Limited numbers of trekkers travel around this restricted trekking area. It gives the unique experience of nature, culture and biological diversity unfound in other trekking regions. Starting from Arughat of Dhading district 7-8 hours’ drive from Kathmandu, the trails ends at Beshisahar making a circuit around the Mt Manaslu and other mountains of this region reaching the altitude of 5135m at Larkya La pass. The trekking trail follows the impressive gorge of the Budhi Gandaki River. During the trek, trekkers encounter with the passing yaks, pure Himalayan people of the Tibetan origin unspoilt thick forest with diverse flora and fauna. Manaslu tea house trek pass through various simple yet most attractive Buddhist villages of Samdo, Samagaon, Sirdibas as well as encountering the Larke pass and descend to Marshyangdi valley with the amazing view of the towering mountain like Manaslu, Annapurna range and Himal Chuli. To penetrate the challenging trail of this Trek, you need the prior experience of the trekking and hiking. Manaslu Tea House Trek is restricted for mass tourist to preserve the unique culture and nature of this region. So, book for Manaslu Tea House Trek with us and embark on the most adventurous journey and feel the heavenly pleasure found nowhere in the world.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1310m) and transfer to hotel, O/N at hotel.
Day 02: Make a permit and basic trek preparation day. You may have day tour around Kathmandu Valley, O/N at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat (700m). 6-7 hour’s drive. O/ N at Guest House.
Day 04: Arughat to Soti Khola (815m) trek for 5 hours overnight at tea house.
Day 05: Soti Khola to Khorla Besi River (1890m) trek for 7 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 06: Khorla Bensi to Jagat (1250m) trek for 7-8 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 07: Jagat to Deng (2600m) trek for 7-8 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 08: Deng to Namrung (3148m) trek for 7-8 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 09: Namrung to Samagaun (3517m) trek for 6-7 hours overnight at tea house.
Day 10: Rest day at SAMAGAUN for acclimatization the high altitude. We can have short trek around the Birendra Lake and local village. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Samagaun to Samdo (4200m) trek for 4 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 12: Samdu to Dharmasala to LARKE PHEDI (4743m) trek for 5-6 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 13: Trek to Larkya La passes (5213m) and to Bhimtang (3800m) trek for 10 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 14: Bhimtang to Dharapani trek(1881m) overnight at tea house.
Day 15: Dharapani to Sanyge (1300m) trek for 7 hours , overnight at tea house.
Day 16: Sayge to Bhulbhule trek for 4 hrs. trek and after lunch Drive back to Kathmandu for 5 hours . O/N at Hotel.
Day 17: Departure for your onward flight.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel category in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Accommodation in Mountain--> In Guesthouse or tented camp
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All necessary staff with experienced leader (guide), assistant guide( 4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits (ACAP, MCAP special permit for Manaslu)
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Ecological Treks duffel bag, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs--> US$ 25 for 15 days Multiple Visa, US$ 40 for 30 days Multiple Visa and US$ 100 for 3 months Multiple visa.)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters