Tamang Heritage via Langtang Valley - 15 Days
Langtang Valley Trek is an exotic and beautiful trekking route after Everest Region and Annapurna Region Trekking. Langtang Valley is one of the beautiful valleys surrounded by snow capped mountain range in the north and slightly lower ranges in the south. Langtang Valley Trek connect the remote but spectacular valley of Langtang with the high mountain lake of Gosainkunda and the incredibly beautiful valley of Helambu. The trek offers the beautiful sceneries of Langtang Mountain, least traded route of Langtang National Park which is famous for red panda, snow leopard etc, and superb view of flowing of glaciers. The main attractions of this trekking are incredibly beautiful Langtang Valley itself which is also known as the ‘Valley of Glaciers’, wonderful views of glaciers, holy Lake of Gosainkunda, amazing Himalaya vista,varieties of flora and fauna, unspoiled Langtang National Park, gorges of BhoteKoshi and Langtang Khola, beautiful village of Helambu which is famous for apples in Nepal etc.
The trekking from SafruBeshi begins which is 12-13 hours drive north from Kathmandu Valley. On the way you get the opportunity to see amazing vistas of towering mountains including Mt. Annapurna, Manasalu, Langtang, Himchuli, Jugal, Gauri Shankar Himal, Ganesh Himal and other mountains, beautiful view of Kathmandu valley from Kakani. The trail passes through traditional Tamang settlements , forests of Rhododendron, Oak, maple, different villages, Langtang National Park inhibited by wildlife like red panda, wild boar, Himalayan black bear, ghoral, leopard etc. In tamang village you get the chance to know and explore the unique Himalayan culture which is similar to the Tibetan culture. This route was also the trading route to Tibet from Kathmandu in the medieval period. After you reach the Langtang valley, destination of your trek, you get the unforgettable ecstasy by seeing the enthralling panorama of the White Mountains like Langtang Lirung and many other unnamed peaks, and the superb view of glaciers including the biggest glacier of Nepal Langtang Glacier.
Tamang Heritage & Langtang Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival and transfer to hotel, welcome dinner, o/n in a hotel
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubesi (1466m, 6/7hrs) via Trishuli (Nuwakot) o/n in lodge
Day 03: Trek to Tatopani(2607m,6/7hrs) Via Chilime(1762m) o/n in community lodge
Day 04: Rest Day at Tatopani
Day 05: Trek to Nagthali(3165m, 5/6hrs) o/n in community lodge
Day 06: Trek to Timure (1762m,5/6hrs) Vie Thuman(2338m) o/n in lodge
Day 07: Trek to Briddim (2229m,6/7hrs) o/n in lodge
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m,4/5hrs) o/n in lodge
Day 09: Trek to Langtang village(3307,5/6hrs) o/n in lodge
Day 10: Trek to Kyanjin Gumba (3798m,3/4hrs) o/n in lodge.
Day 11: Hike to Tserku Ri (4984m,6/7hrs) back to Kyanjin Gumba o/n in lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m,5/6hrs) o/n in lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Syabrubeshi (1466m,5/6hrs) o/n in lodge.
Day 14: Drive Back to Kathmandu (1350,6/7hrs) o/n at Hotel.
Day 15: Departure to your own Destination (T.I.A.)
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 star hotel in Kathmandu ( Hotel Samsara or similar standard)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- Normal bus transportation (Kathmandu-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu)
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination cash USD and two passport photographs )
- Private vehicle (Kathmandu-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu) (USD 400 for each jeep)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters