Langtang Gosainkunda Trek - 15 Days
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is most striking trekking route of Langtang region. Langtang Gosainkunda trekking trail passes through different ethnic village, gorges of BhoteKoshi and LangtangKhola, unspoiled forest of rhododendron and oak ascending the peak of Langtang-lirung, edge of high Tibetan plateaus etc. The main attraction of Langtang Gosainkunda trekking include the visit to Langtang valley, holy Lakes of Gosainkunda located at the altitude of around 4300m, walking in the undamaged Langtang National Park where you can spot the etc. Gosainkunda is the holy place where thousands of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims visit during the festival of JanaiPurnima (festival of Hindu in which the adolescence of Brahaman, Kshatriya and Vaishya worn sacred thread) to pay homage to lord shiva.
Langtang Gosainkunda trek offers the varieties dazzling mountain views, local culture and tradition, beautiful scenario, different Buddhist monasteries, cascading waterfalls etc. Like other Langtang region trekking, the trail of this trek begins from Syabrubesi which is around 150km north from Kathmandu city. On the way to Syabrubesi, you will visit the place Kakani which is at the altitude of 6778ft from where you get the opportunity to view the panorama of Mt. Annapurna, Manasalu, Langtang, Gauri Shankar Himal and Ganesh Himal, and the view of Kathmandu valley and Bidur Municipality. From Syabrubesi the trail follows the LangtangKhola passing through the Rhododendron and bamboo forest and reach to the Langtang valley from where you explore the view of LangtangLirung (7,200m). From there you ascend to the holy lake of Gosainkunda passing through the friendly and hospitable Sherpa village of KyanjingGompa where you get the chance to explore and know the spiritual lifestyle of dedicated Buddhist monks in the monastery. The Hindus believed that the holy lake of Gosainkunda is created by the Lord Shiva with his trident. After reaching the destination you descend the hill and trace back to the Kathmandu. Langtang Gosainkunda trek offers you the unforgettable experience and pleasure in your life.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and Trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi from Kathmandu (1,460m) 8/9 hours.
Day 04: Trek Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,470m) 6/7 hours
Day 05: Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3430m) 6/7 hours.
Day 06: Trek Langtang to Kyanjin Gumba (3,870m) 3/4 hours.
Day 07: Explore around Kyanjin Gumba.
Day 08: Trek Kyanjin Gompa Back to Lama Hotel 6/7 hours
Day 09: Lama Hotel to Thulo Shyaphru Village (Langtang to Gosaikunda trek area) (2,250m) 6/7 hours walk.
Day 10: Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3,330m) 4/5 hours.
Day 11: Sing Gomba to Gosaikunda (4,380m) 6/7 hours.
Day 12: Gosaikunda – Pass (4,610m) to Ghopte (3,690m) 7/8 hours.
Day 13: Ghopte to Kutumsang (2,470m) 6/7 hours.
Day 14: Kutumsang to Chisapani (2,165m) 6/7 hours
Day 15: Chisapani to Sundarijal and drive back to Kathmandu (1,310m) 4/5 hours and final departure
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 star hotel in Kathmandu ( Hotel Samsara or similar standard)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- Pickup and drop, Kathmandu-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu by local bus
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination cash USD and two passport photographs )
- Private vehicle (Kathmandu to Syabrubesi) (USD 200 each jeep)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters